Proclamations recognizing the Studio Glass Movement's 50th annivesary have occurred at both the national and local level.
On March 27, U.S. Senator Robert J. Portman (Ohio) read a proclamation before the Senate in recognition of the 50th anniversary, which has been entered into the Congressional Record for the 112th Congress. Click here to read the proclamation and see the entry into the Congressional Record.
On March 28, Florida State Senator Maria Sachs read a proclamation at the Boca Raton Museum of Art recognizing the 50th Anniversary of Contemporary Glass and the accomplishments of the Art Alliance for Contemporary Glass in facilitating the celebration. The proclamation was read in the museum’s North Gallery, the location of the exhibition Glass Act: The Contemporary Art Glass Movement Turns 50. The event occurred in conjunction with a visit by the Florida Glass Group and members of the Art Alliance of Contemporary Glass. Click here to read it.
Other proclamations made include:
- State of Illinois House of Representatives 97th General Assembly Proclamation. Click here to read it.
- State of Illinois Executive Department Proclamation. Click here to read it.
- New York State Assembly Citation. Click here to read it.
- Smithtown, New York, Proclamation. Click here to read it.
- City of Dallas, Texas, Special Recognition of Dale Chihuly on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the Studio Glass Movement. Click here to read it.
| Posted 12 Apr 09